Beyond expectation..

I'm back in Rawang. I hitched a ride from Keisha who dropped me somewhere near here house in Bukit Damansara right after our thought provoking class, MCI 111 Information Age ended today. Well, we learned today on the issues of reporting a conflicts and wars. We discussed on how journalist can be biased depending on various reasons and how photo-journalism can play an important role on determining the audience reaction. I made myself look smart by being the only one who knew what the heck a Stockholm Syndrome was which is not really something bizzare to know if you happen to listen to Muse and Blink 182 as well as watch James Bond movies. Anyway, I believe I've gained some respect from my lecturer, Faizal Nafis by being quite participative in his lectures and class. I really like his class. I really do.

Well, anyway Keisha dropped me at a bus stand near the Ayuthaya Restaurant and Victoria Station there and I waited for the RapidKL bus to KL Sentral. I was impressed by the T68 (I think) bus which unlike the Cyberjaya RapidKLs, this one is huge.. and it cost RM 1 more. Haha.. no wonder la. Anyway, the whole trip was quite educational since I finally figured out where HELP University College. I also eavesdropped the Caucasian chick next to me's conversation with her Malaysian Chinese friend. She apparently love Malaysia! How great to hear that as the pride of Malaysian transportation cruised along the road.. and then disaster strucked.

Well, Murphy's Law people.. the hundred thousand Ringgit bus I was so impressed with stalled as it chugged up a flyover towards Lebuhraya Mahameru. Stopped, dead, tak jalan.. even the aircond was dead. How great was that? Well, what can I say.. malu sial, to be in a dead bus in the middle of the evening rush with all those Mercedes peering into the bus' huge windows and looking at us, sweating while the driver tried to reignite the engine. After the 8th try it was clear that we're fucked so we all get out of the bus onto the busy highway, causing more jams and louder horns from people lucky enough to be in a car.

So while other people waited by the roadside, I decided to walk back to Pusat Bandar Damansara and get a cab from there. From the picture you can see another bus came in as our saviour bus it is also quite full and wouldn't be able to accomodate us all. I wasn't in a mood to fight my way on that bus anyway.. Walking is more fun.. I've always wanted to walk here and now that I've got my chance, why not? I'm not in a hurry anyway.

Well, again RapidKL managed to worsen their image in my eyes.. I thought their service outside of the city was bad, but today's incident makes me think again. Yes, I know.. it's beyond their control whatsoever, but hey.. those are the new busses. I've been riding the old busses for almost everyday for a year now and never did once it broken down. How could a new one? What did you guys buy your busses?

Tsk.. Beyond expectation? Yeah, sure.. and I weigh 60KG.

About this entry