You donated 3 cents how?..

Well, I get those stuffs again in my mailbox.. those chain emails. It's sad actually to know that there's still someone out there think they're doing a noble job donating 3 cents to a Fatima girl who met an accident. Are you one of them? Don't be fooled folks. There's no way to track those kind of stuffs unless it's coded and the email was not coded in anyway. Be enlighted!

Now that I think about it, you guys should probably heve heard about the Lunar Landing Hoax by now right? Well, I actually heard this story from that particular friend of mine some years ago who totally agree that the whole landing was a hoax by the American government.. you know why? He read it from Gempak. Well, I'm not saying that I disagree with the theory nor did I say that I agree with it since both sceptics and believers have a strong arguement on their side, what I'm trying to say is the source from which my friend get this story.. a comic book. Well, university life taught me that no matter how good an essay, thesis or whatever form of inforation there is, it is worthless if the sources are not credible enough. I don't have anything against Gempak mind you, it's okay for them to tell this stuffs to people since everyone have a heart for conspiracy but for us readers, don't la percaya bulat-bulat..

That's probably one of the most important things media school taught me: don't just consume the media, analyze it, comprehend it and try to see it from a different angle. There's more to it than what you first thought it to be.

Labels: ,


About this entry