It's a wrap!

Haha.. I'm so friggin' relieved that I've finished editing my first production for the Film & Television class. It's a group work actually but I did most of the editing part with my group members, Ernest and Shawn helping me through it.


I really really love editing and I must say that I'm quite addicted to Final Cut Pro. Seriously! At first it does look quite intimidating but with some tender love and care, it works like a charm. I was literally running to the computer lab this morning to do the editing, something I don't normally do when it comes to work.. It's like, wow! Still, I haven't really unleashed the true potential of the software since I'm still a kid learning but what amazes me is how such a powerful piece of software simply be self-taught in a matter of 3 days and still be relevant for Hollywood. Well, actually we did learn about it in Mr. Faizul's lecture a few weeks back but still, this is the first time most of us actually tried using it on our own.

Being editor is so much fun. You are the one that's gonna make the scenes work. Without you, the footage are just meaningless. Still, it's not all fun and games since you need to take a bunch of videos and mix them up nicely within the allocated time.. not really an easy feat. You need to cut here and there, sync everything up with the audio and all that huhahuha. Anyway, Mr. Faizul is true when he said that it's hard to have the cameraman next to you while you edit. Your job is to cut away unnecessary footage while the cameraman would fight to the death for the footage that he shot. Okay, that's exaggerating.. still.

Anyway, later today I need to go back to the edit lab to transfer everything into DV tapes. I'll try my best to upload the video we did on to here so you guys can critic all you want. Man, I really need to learn more about this stuff. I can't wait for next assignment.

Image courtesy of Amazon.com

About this entry