Something about music

Been direly stressed recently with a lot of things going on. I have about 2 to 3 weeks left till this semester ends. I still have several essays pending and not to mention a video shooting next week. Tisk.. C'est la vie.

Anyway, I currently found peace and solace in 60s and 70s music. Haha.. man I wish I was there through it all. I guess I'm just tired of Sean Kingston, Hey There Delilah and Umberella, ella, ella, ey.

Personally, I've never really liked hip-hop or rap though I think R&B is nice. I used to experiment all types of music from trash metal when I was in Darjah 5 to heavy metal Metalica a year later. I've also been through Creed roughly around that time and switched to pop punk Blink 182 and funk rock Red Hot Chili Peppers around the start of my days in MCKK. Later I fell in love with John Rzeznik's mellow voice in Goo Goo Dolls. The song was Black Baloon, Iris came in a bit after that. Coldplay definitely is the soundtrack for Form 2 for certain reasons. Then I indulged in Linkin Park before discovering Nirvana when I was in Form 3 (Thanks to Haziq's discman). Then I tried going local but I got confused with the direct translation lyrics so I passed. Later I listens to Brit music and got hooked to Oasis. Around last year I was a little bit more towards electronica and Daft Punk. One day I remember listening to Don McLean's American Pie and then after I got hooked to acoustics. I found Sufjan Stevens and Howie Day. I also listens to Johnny Cash's rendition of Scott Treznor's Hurt and found it very moving and deep. Then a few days ago I decided to look up Bob Dylan and Like a Rolling Stones, Times Are a-Changing and Mr. Tambourine Man got me hooked.

Haha, sorry.. Got a lil bit nostalgic up there. Okay folks, just want to let off some steam from the workload. I'll be back soon with something so in the mean time, let Bob Dylan entertain you guys. Cheers!


Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.


I love poetry.

About this entry