Today

I had to go through 2 roadblocks just to get from Cyberjaya to Sri Kembangan.. what's up? I guess they're looking for people in yellow tees. Man I wished I wore one just to prove my theory.

As Cepe mentioned though, I really hope everything went well for those who'll be at the Dataran today. Let's pray that the usual thing when people with guns and people without guns meet each other does not happen.

Hidup umpama roda. Saya tak takut dengan kata-kata awak.

UPDATE: 10:55 PM

Well, I'm back from KL. Yeah I guess my assumptions were true. The roadblocks does have something to do with the assembly. Here's the excerpt I got from The Star Online about the roadblock:
According to PLUS Highway, traffic from the north along the North-South Expressway has been diverted to the Kota Damansara and Damansara exits as the Sungai Buloh-Jalan Duta stretch has been closed. At press time, no reason was given for the closure.
Oh yeah, like we are so stupid right? According to some people I've talked with, there were even roadblocks as far as in Nilai. The roads all over KL were blocked and the Masjid Jamek LRT station was closed for the day. As of the time I'm writing this, sources are saying that Jalan Istana is closed to all vehicle. Pergh, talk about overkill..

Anyway, were the roadblocks really necessary? What was really the intention behind the roadblocks? To stop people from going to the Dataran Merdeka right? Well.. that could be it but to me, I believe there's also another more subliminal reason for it: to burden the people, untuk menyusahkan semua orang.

Why am I saying this? Well, here's why. It's a quote I've heard from a guy:Bodoh la diorang ni. Nak buat rusuhan pulak.. Menyusahkan orang
Tadaa! What better way to stop people from supporting future assemblies? Make them hate it. Well, who wouldn't? It's a Saturday. I know many people who organized open houses today being bothered by the jam and not to mention the MCOBA Dinner at Hotel Istana. Who wouldn't hate being stuck for hours in a car right?

I don't know if you guys agree but I personally believe in this deliberate annoyance by our venerable police force who happens to be more interested in causing jams while Adik Nurin's murderer is still at large. The government owned media is also as always downsizing the exact numbers of people attending the assembly. Here's an excerpt from The Star Online:
Police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse a crowd of more than 4,000 people at Jalan Tun Perak here when they tried to march towards Dataran Merdeka for an illegal assembly, said Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan.
Now, look at this picture..


Man, that really is more than 4000 people don't you think? What ever happened to journalism ethics? Hurm hurm hurm..

Personally, I hate being political. I never wanted my blog to be a political blog but there are some issues that I feel that I really need to address. Sorry to those who don't agree with me. It's a free, democratic country and I'm exercising my rights. So should you. Do comment. I'll gladly reply.

Images courtesy of Nik Nazmi & Nathaniel Tan

About this entry