Let's go shopping.. where?

Well, last night was hectic! After KLIA, I drove the boys back to Cyberjaya for a lil' while before heading off to KL to had a very late dinner in Setiawangsa where Dobeng, Nik, Amar, Teeno and Ikrom had been waiting. Alepadha went back with his friend, Iqbal since he had a party to attend today. So since I was too tired to drive back to Rawang I head to Syarel's room in Millennium Court between UIA and UM with Geto to get some rest and perhaps a good night sleep.

So this morning we woke up at 9.00 am and had lunch at Kolej Kediaman 12 Universiti Malaya with Syafiq Marzuki who was kind enough to treat us with some cocktails. I then send both Syarel and Geto back to their respective colleges before heading home to Rawang.

Well, I stopped at the Restoren Jejantas Sungai Buloh for some refreshments when I stumbled upon this: Al-Ikhsan just opened an outlet here. I was like, "What are you guys doing here? This is a R&R area..", and it got me thinking all the way back until I got home. Why do you set up a sports apparel outlet at an R&R? More specifically a R&R aptly named Restoren Jejantas.

Well, I guess they must've been targeting people from Sungai Buloh, Rawang and further up who might be on their way for futsal at Sunway or Ampang and was like, "Oh shit! I didn't bring my shorts.. better stop at Restoren Jejantas and grab one at Al-Ikhsan" or maybe for those Le Tour de Langkawi guys, maybe they need a replacement shoe while they're cycling nearby.. That could make sense..

Well, I still think it's an unwise decision to put up a fullfledged sporting house in the middle of the highway here in Malaysia; it's just doesn't make sense. People don't go to an R&R to get shoes just like they don't go to mamak to get a chicken chop; they do have it there, but it just doesn't feel right. And most people don't just go shopping to get just one thing, they still want to browse for other things as well and that's why we go to shopping complexes right?

Or am I missing something here?

About this entry